Report of Swachchata Pakhwada Diwas being organised at Gautam Buddha University
“Swachchata Pakhwada Diwas” programme started from today i.e. 1st of September 2017. The following activities were to be done upto 15th September 2017. The whole planning is already done to celebrate it in six different divisions or activities which are:
1. Hostel Activities to check cleanliness (Clean Hostel, Cleanest Hostel Room, Clean Campus and Clean Mess)
2. Awareness Events like Essay Competition on Innovative Ways for spreading the message of Hygiene, Elocution Contest on Health and Hygiene: The Real Wealth
3. Outdoor Events like Cleaning Roads leading to University, Study of Garbage cleaning Systems, Cleaning nearby markets and hospitals and waste disposal, etc.
The “Swachchata Pakhwada Diwas” started with following activities today:
1) Today “Swachchata Pakhwada Diwas”, started the message from the Vice Chancellor Dr. J. P. Sharma and Dr. Anand Singh, Dean, Student Affairs on the need and urgency of cleanliness in details. Event was witnessed by all the Deans of various schools and galaxy of faculty members and staffs have participated in it and are suppose to participate till the end of the Pakhawada.
2) One ‘sensitizing meeting’ with faculty for how to impart messages of cleanliness and sanitation among students was held.
3) The whole University was divided into different areas like toilets, drinking area, classroom etc. and duties were given to the students under the supervision of a group of faculty members teachers for this purpose.
4) Competitions like essay, painting, slogan (banners) etc. were planned to be conducted and winners were selected.
5) Debates is also scheduled to be held on “Swachchata”.
6) “Swachchata Awareness” messages was displayed on various places in the university campus.
Students are suppose to cleaned the public places in and around University campus under the guidance of faculty members.